Overlooking the articles in the internet, I noticed that there is no any detailed information or description about Rawai, but that scanty description from Wikipedia about the “museum of sea – shell” which is not interesting migrate from the one travel site to another one.
So i decided to tell you, what you can do in Rawai except felting on the beach. From this article you can choose your favorite island or viewpoint and more.
Here is the summary article about what you have to know and to see about Rawai.
Rawai district include such an interesting places like:
- 10+ islands
- 4 observation decks
- The Coast
- The Pier
- Seafood mart
Let`s consider that step by step.
Choose your island
It is so easy to go to the island from Rawai beachfront. You just need to come, pay for a longtail and enjoy the island.
- Bon – the closer to the Rawai quay, you can get there oh Thai boat just in 15 minutes. There are 3 beaches, but usually only 2 are used. One of them with restaurants, another one on the south part in a backwater period.
- He (Coral) – famous because of Banana beach. This is the private (rent) beach with beautiful restaurants and avocations and also with a small bungalow. Beside one more beach for mass tourism with the bigger hotel and the bigger number of tourists (because it’s cheaper).
- Kaeo – two islands, one of them has gold Buddha and dwelling of monks, it is interesting place to visit.
- Racha – very beautiful, a bit far away, by a speedboat you will get there in 20-30 minutes. It is unbelievable – white sand, crystal water, beautiful hotel (you can stay there for a few days).
- Promthep Cape – observation deck on the Promthep Cape one of the most popular on the island. Promthep cape is the southerner’s extreme point of Phuket, in a good weather you cansee from this point Racha island that in 20 km from Phuket. Here is a museum – lighthouse, restaurant and the mart with souvenirs.
- Windmill on NaiHarn – windmill or power plant, you can call it just as you want – it is also an observation deck with an incredible view while it sunset and also with the view on NaiHarn and Yanui. It is located on the way from the Promthep cape aside to NaiHarn beach, behind the Yanui beach.
- Karon Viewpoint – one more small observation deck where all tourists are coming. Nice view on three Karon beaches – Kata Noi, Kata, Karon.
- Black Stone – I haven’t been there but it is located above the Ao Sane beach and you can drive there on the road to Yanui beach.
Other interesting places to visit:
- Rawai beachfront – to walk, to eat, to take a boat and to go to the islands
- Rawai pier – to walk, to make a pictures
- Sea food mart – to have a dinner, to see the huge shrimps
- NaiHarn Lake – to run, to walk and enjoy
- NaiHarn Temple and Rawai Temples – just to watch and don’t touch anything.
And to the last I would like to share some video with the above listed places.