Rawai – the southernmost district of Phuket.
A lot of people because of unknowingly thinks that Rawai area it is just one of the beaches of Phuket, which is not popular but famous only with fish restaurant and the seafood mart over the pier.
Overlooking the articles in the internet, I noticed that there is no any detailed information or description about Rawai, but that scanty description from Wikipedia about the “museum of sea – shell” which is not interesting migrate from the one travel site to another one.
Accumulated a bit of understanding, photos and videos about Rawai from 5 years of living in Phuket, I decided that I can’t stand it anymore!
Rawai district includes 7 beaches! I`m sure, you will find the best for you.
Now in stages and a bit more..
The beaches of Rawai area
- NaiHarn – the biggest and the famous beach not only in Rawai area and even not only in Phuket. NaiHarn was in the list of the best beaches in Asia and even in the world by Tripadvisor.
- Yanui – not a big but very cozy beach which is located not so far from NaiHarn. Very popular among kids because there you can dive with mask and enjoy tropical fish.
- Rawai – practically is a beach but mostly the quay. Such called Rawai promenade. Which from year to year accrete with new restaurants, massage salons and bars. From the Rawai quay get away a boats about which I will tell later. In period of low tide you can walk on the bottom of the sea and going even on the 300-400m from the waterside to the brink of coral “reef”.
- Laem Ka – not a big beach with uncomfortable driving up, so called “secret”. Of course it is not secret and even oppositeit is very popular among Chinese travel companies which bring tourists on the Laem Ka islands.
- Ao Sane – is a small bit still the beach with the big brother NaiHarn. When I made a short video and wrote a feedback about this beach in Facebook, local habitants was a bit angriness that I’m hashing their last hope on the silence and privacy.
- Friendship – the beach on the east coast. In general shallow, somewhere you can even swim but its match better if you want to see a beautiful sunset.
- Nui – “closed” beach, even if it’s not so legal but you can get there only for money. Moreover, to get there it’s not so easy. But for adventures it worth it, I’m sure you will be satisfied, it’s a beautiful beach!
What else to do in Rawai?
In the next article you can find information about all the islands and obesrvation decks in Rawai.
See more video of Rawai